Monday, October 19, 2009

Vacation Part 4

Here we are again... time to continue the trip to "Hell" otherwise known as SC. Let's see... we made it to Oklahoma and now it is on to SC. and the adventure begins again... we leave Oklahoma on Tuesday morning... after a WONDERFUL nights sleep in the hotel... and a WONDERFULLY HOT shower... yes I know it is a hotel... and a trivial thing to some people, but after two days in a car and not having access to a comfortable bed... or running water... I was excited to say the least to be well rested and CLEAN!!! Isn't hot water a WONDERFUL thing.... We left Oklahoma and came through Arkansas and we made a gas stop along the way in Arkansas and this is a state that is... how do I put this... BASSACKWARDS... they are so...weird.. we saw a billboard on the side of the road... that as my brother put it... basically stated to "spare the rod and beat your child..." now I will be honest here... I wasn't able to read the entire bill board while we were driving... so I didn't see all of it... now this is a billboard that was hand made... so I don't think that any major groups were responsible for this... but still it was creepy... and we continued on to Tennessee and North Carolina.. nothing exciting happening here... we stopped about two in the morning... and slept for about 4 hours and then came into the WNC.. mountains and arrived in SC on Wednesday morning... about 9:00am... we stopped and got "breakfast" if you want to call it that in NC at McDonalds... yipee...
When we arrived in SC almost everyone was heading to work... I needed a shower and to get the car unloaded... so I could get "going"... I wasn't hanging around all that long... there is A LOT of work that is needed at Dad's house...
Dad showed up and the first word's out of his mouth..weren't how are you or good to see you... it was "Johnny Fuller... how could you let yourself get so fat or heavy"... I was like... nice to see you too. ** side note here... I will be the first to admit that I have put on some weight since I was a kid... but you know what... I might be fatter than I was back then... but I can lose weight and dad is OLD... so ... no I'm not 'BITTER' at all not bitter at all.... I thought at that point... "this is going to be so "fun"... yipee. My goodness... so we continued to unload the car and get re-acquainted w/ good ole Spartanburg... and this nasty house... and the things that dad needed done while we were there...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home