Wednesday, August 09, 2006

PAGEANT and WORK... which one SUCKS more!!!

Let's see, where to go... I have worked all fricking summer on Pageant and work, which somehow the two have collided and it became a big mess. YUCKY SUMMER!!!!
Let me preface this by saying out right "PAGEANT DOESN'T SUCK, THE PEOPLE WORKING IT DEFINITELY DO!!!!I started working with pageant in May with move in and the tech director decided that I would be the assistant stage manager.. which I don't mind doing. I have been spot operator, stage manager twice and assistant stage manager twice now, baby sitter once... so I have had opportunities to serve, which have ALWAYS blessed me in some way. This year I am not so sure how.. I thought that the reason for me working it was so that the Lord could teach me patience... BUT, let me TELL you... I FAILED THAT CLASS MISERABLY!!!! I have little patience for people who can't communicate something that they want done... and if you don't know how to do it will NOT take the time to teach you how.. so that you complete the job that they want done!!!! I and my "kids" as I call them, the techies, were constantly doing jobs three and four times because the person running the tech side of this fiasco, DID NOT COMMUNICATE and then he would dissapear for about ten minutes and be back hovering over you to see that it gets done. I don't deal with MICRO MANAGING AT ALL!!!!!! I would love to tell him where to SHOVE it... but we will keep it "happy" yeah right... I will agree with several people that have said that the show is looking a Road Show!!! We are!!! You don't change something that has been running well for 42 years and try and make it into a broadway production!!!!!! Yes, there are things that can change and need to... but on the whole, the saying goes, "if it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT"!!!!
I had GREAT "kids" this summer. Most of them were there to learn and grow. They hopefully learned about the theater and what it takes to put this show on.. and that not everyone is always right. The other thing that I wanted them to take away from this show is a stronger testimony of the gospel and it's truthfulness... but I have a feeling that didn't happen and for that I am dissapointed. There were so many little battles that occured that a couple of them developed into bigger problems that occured and so the kids and I were stressed out during performances that they didn't get the chance to always enjoy themselves and relax... and that is sad.
I will finish this another time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

I don't mean to be the voice of annoyance, but if you want your kids to have increased testimony, allow them to see it in you. Let them see you praising God and not being annoyed at the Devil's little helper (cough cough Jadon Cough). You need to have the spirit dwelling with you before you can help others increase theres. Stop skipping church. Read your scriptures and pray...and occasionally - do those things around your techie children. If they see a 35+ aged man still finding joy in the scriptures and reliance on God in prayer, they too will increase in their desire to do those things.


Umm just a thought. See you for Thanksgiving (-:

Sunday, August 13, 2006 10:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home