Sunday, March 12, 2006

Tonights thoughts... COMMUNICATION!!!

I have noticed over the last several days that we as people don't know how to communicate to one another anymore. Communication or at least what I thought it was, talking to one another doesn't exsist in this fast paced world we live in.

Let me give you some examples of this in action..okie dokie?? Last Saturday night is a perfect example of this... I was working at the theater that I volunteer for and we had an event to prepare for and several of our techies were involved in the event in different capacities. This event had several different sections to it so there was a lot to do at some times and not a lot to do at other times. One of these times, the adults were trying to get ready for the evenings events so we had our teenage techies in the classes that they were supposed to be attending at this event. Two of them came out of one of the classes and asked if they were needed... I was in the auditorium at the time and said no and they went back to another class. Well, one of our other "adult" or so he wants to think he is... techies, asks where so and so are and I told him that they went back to class and he spouts off, "Why didn't you tell me... I could have used them." in his snotty attitude that he takes with me all of the time. I said to him.. "no one told me that we needed them for anything. You didn't communicate to me that you needed anything. You don't talk to me so I don't know what you need..."
I am not his mind reader.. nor do I want to be...
Second example of this... same person.... the group was looking for a couple of back up mics in case theirs went bad, and the sound guy had me go to the small gym and get the wireless mics that he had over there... well I went running and only found one... on this case that he brought in from his "perfect" company that he works for some of the time... I paged him and told him that I could only find one, and I was a little panicked because I could only find one not two like he had indicated were there, and he comes down, during the performance, and then proceeds to tell me that the other one is most likely in this drawer in the case once we were on our way to get the case. Why didn't he COMMUNICATE this to me so that I wouldn't have panicked... those mics are expensive. Yes I know that we are in an LDS church building but THEFT does happen all the time. He knew that there was a drawer with that case.. why didn't he say look in the drawer and it should be there. I wouldn't have panicked...
Third example, work... I work for an outdoor ad agency in the city that I live and on the whole, the people I work for,( a husband and wife team) are ok... nah... they are NUTS!!! I am scheduling our human sign workers for this week and I call one of our employees who is supposed to work this weekend and he tells me that he talked to R and was told that he could have Saturday off.... he had some church things to do... R never told me or anyone else.. so I called her and she said that yes he did ask for this and she forgot to tell me.. it is not just this but that is how the business is run... they don't communicate to them or anyone else...
IT IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!!
COMMUNICATE PEOPLE!! COMMUNICATE PEOPLE!!
thanks and good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home